Saturday, March 31, 2012

A reminder!

Tonight Mike and I tried to watch the movie "My week with Marilyn". I was so excited to see the movie that I could hardly contain myself. However..........we could not get the movie in time since the phone company did not properly hook up our TV to our cable so we missed it. I was very disappointed. So we settled on the movie, "Extremely loud and Incredibly close" with Tom Hanks. I knew the movie was based around the events of 9/11 so I was sure it was going to be a cry fest. However, I had NO clue the movie also centered around a brilliant boy with a few phobias. We started watching the movie and about 30 minutes in I said, " that sweet boy is so brilliant and I bet he has Aspergers". In the movie he states his test was undetermined. 
We watched the tale unfold. I wished Em was with us to watch the movie, but she was with her dad. So at the end of the show with my eyes swelling shut from tears of understanding, and more........Em texted. "Mommy........I love you once I love you twice I love you more than beans and rice". I texted back, "I love you to the moon and back,.......... and then to the sun and back". She then said "how was your day". She is a sweet kid!!

Sometimes I think certain movies should be required for everyone to see. So people can understand loss, grief, being grateful, tragedy, triumph, special needs, sympathy, patience.........and more. I just think.........on the very rare occasion..... Hollywood gets it right.

Now I am going to ice the bags under my eyes...........tonight I think fate picked the right movie. It reminded me to appreciate those around me. You should take the time and muster the strength to truly watch this movie..........and everything it encompasses.

1 comment:

Brenda Rhodes said...

Jen, I have read your post for some time but i have never left a comment. I don't remember how I found your blog, but I think God leads me where we need to be! My cousin had a baby girl last Wed that had a v traumatic birth and a inoperable blood clot in her neck. Friday morning she suffer a stroke. The right side is ok but the left side is virtual daddy dead wit out blood supply due to the clot. I never knew that babies had strokes until I read your blog! If you would like, their is a Facebook page set up "Prayers for Adora Reign Allen". She is currently in Arkansas Childrrens Hospital. They don't have anymore details at this time. Her Mom is not doing good, physically or mentally and was admitted to another Little Rock hospital Saturday.I just wanted to pass this along to you and tell you how much I appreciate your blog and how it has helped me. You have a wonderful daught, a precious son and a greet husband. In my book, tht makes you one lucky woman. Love your posts!