Monday, June 27, 2016

The Weekend Update

Mike went back to work today and we met for lunch. I wanted to see how he was doing and we were discussing some items about the sale of our house. The inspection went well on our property and we will be selling and closing on 7/26. It's bitter sweet to be packing up the home that has treated us so well for the last 8 years and 2 months. However behind every turn we see Jude's sweet smiling face and that continuously breaks our hearts. We have found a home in Argyle that we love and we have put in an offer so we are saying lots of prayers that the owner will accept. The house is in a peaceful setting and has about everything we had wanted and ironically was originally built by relatives of a family member. 

We got Mike out of the house this weekend and it was so nice to spend time with him. He got rather tired later in the day but overall he did very well. We had to get Emily a swimsuit so we went to a few stores and I caught myself starting to cry as I passed through the little boys clothing section. I used to tear up because I realized Jude would never use items like underwear or swimsuits. However walking through and realizing you will never buy them clothes again because they are gone is much different. I mentioned how I wished Jude was going with us to the new house but a part of me knew that wasn't true. I wouldn't want Jude to suffer anymore and slowly I am beginning to realize that my difficult loss only means freedom for Jude. 

I am beginning to see some of the affects of Jude's loss and Mike's heart issue in Emily. It has been a tough year for her and without details it's gotten even harder. I am sending Emily away for a week to be with her family in Missouri. I know she is going to have a blast and when she gets back we will be ready to start packing. The realization that Emily will be leaving soon too is lingering in the back of our minds. I know she will be home to visit and I am proud I have raised a beautiful lady on the inside and out. She has what it takes to make herself a success and I know she will do well on her own. 

Mike and I have seriously discussed adoption within the next couple of years and I am preparing everyone know that this is a high possibility. I think it will be great for both of us and I think Mike is realizing what an impact he can make on the life of a child (or two). 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What strength. And what an amazing gift adoption would be.