Monday, August 20, 2018

Ilness Update


I am still sick and at this point, it seems they are guessing at what's wrong. I guess I always understood that the medical field uses it's the best hypothesis of the situation to come to a conclusion. Jude's situation was always a guessing game so it shouldn't be anything I am surprised by. Also if you are annoyed with hearing I am sick, just imagine how annoyed I am! Each morning I wake up thinking the day is going to be different then the horrible ringing starts in my ears, my eye starts to close in, the fatigue strikes, the vertigo is awful, the headaches are throbbing and I wind up either in bed or trying to get through work. I am always on the go and truly enjoy being that way. So the only way I can describe this is to think about getting out of bed and going to the grocery store, just the store.........now think about being absolutely exhausted from that trip. So much so that you cannot do anything the rest of the day. No walking, no trips, no extra stuff. It's frustrating and healing takes time but now I am beginning to worry a bit and it seems the doctors are too. I received some phone calls today to check my status and suddenly there seems to be a hurried feel about everyone's conversations with me and they are trying to get me in with a neurologist prior to Monday. 

Before any recommendations come, let me sum up what I have done. I have visited the doctor and been diagnosed with Bell's Palsy and then that was changed to Ramsay Hunt Syndrome, and my guess is that will change again. I have tried a juice cleanse, medication, oils, baths, diet, chiropractor (but only once so I need to do that again), meditation, prayer, etc. Today I am at my wit's end. Today is the type of day that if someone told me, "This too shall pass", or " it could be worse", or "count your blessings" you might get an angry scowl. I am not having a pity party I am just pissed but wait a few hours and that will be gone. I tend to always find the silver lining like as of today I have lost 11 pounds during this battle. 

So what do I think happened? I think 7 years of no sleep and 2 years of complete and utter stress took its toll. To what extent, I have no idea yet but use me as an educational tool to take breaks, de-stress, and get life insurance. Next weekend I am supposed to go away with my husband. He has been so kind throughout all this and really picked up a lot of slack for me. He said we are going on our vacation even if I just sit in the hot tub in the room the whole time. Let's hope that doesn't happen. 

I am at work each day that I can be and I work just as hard as I always have, however at this point I have to take a step back. Many of you know that I have been moved to sales, however, I have continued to try to service policies as well. I have multiple people in my office that are here to service policies. They are amazing, efficient, and I have no doubt can service your policies as well as I do. So I need everyone to help me out in little ways when possible so I can rest as much as possible. Any billing questions, ID cards, change in vehicles, etc can be handled by our team who are here to serve you. 

I am also stepping back and turning everything off for a while. It doesn't mean I am gone it just means I need a bit of a break.  I am a little frustrated that our lives seems to be getting back on track and this situation derailed us but I am thankfully my family is safe and healthy. 

No comments: