Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A rough evening, stockings, and lessons.

Jude had a VERY rough evening yesterday. He just cried and screamed for hours and I felt so bad for him. I gave him every medication I could and held him for as long as I could. Holding him seemed to comfort him some. By the time the nurse got there I was a bit frazzled. She immediately took over holding him which means a lot to me. Some nurses are uncomfortable picking up their patients but our nurses never hesitate. 

We have been considering going to 24 hour nursing for some time because it's probably in Jude's best interest. However I am very hesitant on giving up what I feel is the last of my mom time with him. I have 5 hours each day that I get to care for him and comfort him. Giving that up is heart wrenching to me but I understand it might be in his best interest. 

I shopped for stocking stuffers yesterday for my family and as usual it was difficult because of Jude's situation. There isn't much I can buy for him but I know he isn't going to complain. I got him a few little things and lots of love. Today Mike and I went to lunch and we were discussion the situation at hand in our world. How everyone is arguing over religion, refugees, and gun laws. Mike said, "This is why I say Jude is so much more evolved. He doesn't care what color you are, what race you are, what religion, or your sexual preference. The only thing Jude knows is comfort and love. It's why should all aspire to be like Jude." 

True.  


No comments: