Saturday, June 16, 2012

Fathers day, a big deal, and Jude

Today was a really good day. We took Mike out for fathers day so he could have tomorrow free of commitments (just the way he likes it). We went and ate a wonderful lunch and then went to play games at Main Event. Mike loves to compete so he made snide comments the entire trek to the facility about how he was going to beat all of us girls. What he always fails to always remember is I grew up with a competitive dad and two competitive step brothers. So let's just say I kicked his tail in laser tag AND bowling. Afterwards we came home and made a great dinner and just relaxed. It was a good day despite the dogs escaping again..lol. I followed the evening up with one of my favorite movies....."Shawshank Redemption" and remembered the words.. "get busy livin or get busy dyin".

This weekend we received some big news for Emily. Two sets of good news actually. First and foremost she received straight A's again on her last six weeks of school. I am very proud of her for this.  Second..........I wasn't sure if I wanted this public........but Emily received an invitation to compete in a prestigious Pageant in TX. I will post more information later, but Emily is VERY happy. We left the decision completely up to her and she decided to try despite what Mike calls my projected nervousness (lol). Mike was actually the one that assured her she is an amazing young lady that can grow from this pageant experience. The big league pageants normally having a teaching ability the first year so you can learn to grow into a winner. What was so amazing is that I had non-judgemental friends/family that were so so supportive. One after another  they said "CAN I COME?" ......... and it literally has me teary tonight. I am so appreciative of the people around us. I told such a select few and most of them were so amazingly supportive of her goal.

With that being said Jude also had a good day. He listened to what I have deemed his "Cajun Blues" cd and giggled a lot. He also slept through the night last night and is just a good boy!! I bought him some new size 5/6 clothes that are super cute..........although he is still 3!! He is my big boy. We have been so lucky that Jude has avoided the hospital for such a long time. I really credit his way of life and all those that look out for his well being.

1 comment:

Covnitkepr1 said...

Glad your father's day outing went well. We'll put Jude on our prayer list, and ask that you pray for my wife of 47 years that has brain cancer. We covet ever prayer.
I’ve been a follower on your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation