Saturday, July 9, 2016

Packing is still hard, Moving, and Dallas

We got a lot of our house packed today and a lot of the rooms cleared out. I have had to start packing weeks in advance for multiple reasons. Primarily it's because packing is very difficult. As mentioned before I encounter many of Jude's memories and it's emotionally taxing. After clearing a closet I have to take a break to recover. However I think of that as a positive that I know what I need to do to make sure that during this process I am emotionally stable. I am also not really leaving my house during this process and hopefully people understand. Today while packing the Emily's Smile Box room I opened a box I had forgotten I placed in their temporarily. It was full of the decorations I had used in Jude's room before he went on hospice. I gave a little gasp and a few escaping tears. Then like right on cue Somewhere Over The Rainbow started on the radio. Gina was helping me pack and we both smiled even she noticed it was like a sign. She told me "Jude is telling you his is okay mommy."

As many of you know I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.  I am appalled at the massacre that happened in my hometown the other night and I am praying for all those involved. I was also appalled at the MN incident and the young man that lost his life. I pray for peace and for unity throughout our country. Unfortunately, I grew up in a very race conscience society and I was determined that my child would not grow up seeing color. Emily had babydolls and Barbies of every beautiful race and she was taught everyone deserves kindness and equality. I don't know what the cure is for our country so I just choose to take my lessons from Jude. I will choose to be kind and to love others.  To hold my head up and smile at everyone I see and only pour out love because love overcomes darkness. Maybe may way seems ridiculous but all I have is my voice and my heart so I will speak up and reach out.  All we can do is try to make the world better.







No comments: