Saturday, October 11, 2008

Wow!

Well holy cow Emily and I received second place for our chocolate pecan pie at the fair, and she received a gift certificate for a free pool party at the rec center. Now if you can hear the sweet twang of a guitar in the background as I say "we received second place at the fair" then you are probably where I am at with this new revelation. We were proud though, and Em was super excited to tell everyone we saw that we won! (lol). We were pretty much gone again the entire day today. I had to drop the pies off at the B and B cottage before ten (twang twang), and then Emily had a softball game. She had such a good game that she caught a pop fly, got two people out on base, and hit the ball into the outfield twice! They ended up winning the game, and she was so happy. One of the girls dads was even cute enough to bring a sound system that played different motivating songs when they scored, made a good play, and when they won. We received a rendition of "We are the Champions" when they won. Overall she has been a good little girl today, but she did get in trouble once. The only explanation I can give you is that she turns ten tomorrow, but ten seems to be the beginning of sixteen....seriously people. My husband just stared at me blankly today when she yelled at me, and then fell down on the floor kicking when I told her to empty her bathroom trash. I mean it's a monkey trash can people it's not like it's a huge chore. When I told her she had to she then stormed to her bathroom and slammed the door in my face..........ooooooooooooooooooooooooo that wasn't a good move. I thus slammed the door back open and explained in a loving mother tone (ha) that if she EVER slammed a door on me again she would be seriously sorry! (something to that effect ... or it may have been more like don't make me snatch all the hair off your head in one tear and cause you to buy a wig :) ). After that she was an angel the rest of the day, and had a great time at the fair. Jude was pretty good too, but just a little fussy and gassy. So we decided to try him on a different formula enfamil makes to relieve gassiness, and so far this stuff is awesome!!!!!!!!!! He was going though breast milk at first, and soy formula so quick we could barely keep up. This seems to digest slower, and it's the first time I have seen him sit in his swing.........happily! So Mike and I were just sitting here deciding where to put all our Halloween decorations for Emily's bday party. We think it will be so much fun.
Here is a funny pic of Em today on a big slide:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Tomorrow I plan to rant on the IRS so be sure to tune in for that doozie of a soap box rant because trust me they have pissed this regular American suffering like the rest of us OFF!!!!!!!!! lol.

No comments: