Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Septic Woes and Picnics.

So today the septic company number 3 came out to the house. This was a referral from a friend and honestly the first person that sounded professional and educated. After a complete inspection and inspecting the soil we didn't get good news. Around noon I texted Mike asking if he would like to go to an anniversary dinner on Saturday. He simply texted, "we can't we will be broke." I knew what was coming next. Mike called and explained that the soil at the house had failed and cannot support the septic system and the lateral lines we have. We would need a completely new system put in a different part of the yard, don't google the cost it's scary. I cried for awhile, I wondered why we cannot catch a break, and I thought a lot of Jude. Then I began to financially calculate everything and figure out the next steps. 

This will work out just like it always does. I told Mike we will have a bologna sammy picnic for our anniversary out under the pecan trees (far away from the septic). I then emailed Emily's dad and explained the situation and asked if he could cover Emily's hair for Miss Texas in November and I would take care of the rest. He didn't say a word and just sent a large amount to cover everything for her so I wouldn't have to worry. He is an amazing father. 

I sat back and wondered how we could have prevented this in a new home. We would have had to actually collected soil samples and had them tested.  All I could think of was me in a white jumpsuit scraping soil samples into a test tube and running it to a lab for analysis and then I laughed. I mean that's all you can do is laugh. 

So we pray that nothing catastrophic happens in the next two years that would require a large sum of money while we catch up. The good thing is we have access to cover this, it will increase the value of our home, and we shouldn't have septic issues again. So again it will work out. We are blessed with that positive.

Things like this can compound grief and vice versa. So if you are a parent who lost a child know that feelings of being out of control and crazy when a stressful situation arises is normal. Trust me I need a bat and a foam room.........and maybe some plates to break. 

God Bless. 


No comments: