Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tears and Dolphins

I had to tell my friend yesterday I wasn't going to make her wedding and I got very emotional. I was more emotional when I was telling her about the pump going into Jude's stomach vs. not being able to attend the wedding. I am upset about both situations, but I guess I didn't realize exactly how emotional I am over this impending surgery. So today when I got to work these lyrics kept floating through my mind. It's always been one of my favorite songs and one I gravitate to.

He's My Son ~ Mark Schultz

I'm down on my knees again tonight
I'm hoping this prayer will turn out right
See there is a boy that needs Your help
I've done all that I can do myself
His mother is tired
I'm sure You can understand
Each night as he sleeps
She goes in to hold his hand
And she tries not to cry
As the tears fill her eyes

CHORUS:
Can You hear me?
Am I getting through tonight?
Can You see him?
Can You make him feel all right?
If You can hear me
Let me take his place somehow
See, he's not just anyone
He's my son

Sometimes late at night I watch him sleep
I dream of the boy he'd like to be
I try to be strong and see him through
But God who he needs right now is You
Let him grow old
Live life without this fear
What would I be
Living without him here
He's so tired and he's scared
Let him know that You're there

CHORUS
Can You hear me?
Can You see him?
Please don't leave him
He's my son


He is my son! He may be disabled, but his smiles, his giggles, his smell are all taken in by his momma. I just want this to help him and hopefully not be to painful. On a good note we leave Thursday night for Jude's Mark A Wish trip. We are only spending a weekend since our work time will be taken by his surgery, appointments, etc. We are REALLY looking forward to it and watching Jude react to the Dolphin noises. We will also be coming back with Mike's German Shepherd which he will be training to be Jude's therapy dog.

No comments: