Thursday, January 9, 2014

I haven't blogged much because...

I haven't blogged much lately. I have been so busy at work and Jude has been....... WELL! He still has his cough, but it is so much better than it was. Jude has also been making large social strides and I am very proud of him. He is really reaching out trying to communicate with us in his own special ways. I have blogged before that if you ask Jude where a member of his family is within a room he will try to search them out. He cranes his neck while searching the room with his eyes until he finds the person he is looking for and stops. He still does this, but with keen interest! Jude will actually look until he finds a person and he will "speak" to this person until they acknowledge him. In addition he is really getting good at mouthing what he is trying to say. When I come home from work I always say "HI JUDE!" and he begins mouthing "hi".

I had to take Emily to a meeting at her high school tonight and whenever I got home Mike told me that Jude said the clearest "I love you" that he has ever heard. Jude said this to his grandmother Susie. This isn't a surprise since Mike's mom will lay with Jude for hours and hours. She will pat his hand, pray her rosary, and tell Jude how special he is. Jude adores her. In addition Jude (in my opinion) has been paying more attention to toys. Charlotte also sent me a picture of Jude and our dog Spot napping together.



I am so glad that Spot is indoors with us now and he seems to really care for everyone in the family including Jude.

It looks to be an interesting year full of doctor appointments for Jude and Emily growing older. Emily has so many things lined up between drivers ed, school, cheer, pageants, and her medical academy that I am going to be going a bit crazy. I can't believe she is about to drive.

No comments: