Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The house debacle

I have such a pretty house! I do. It's a two story home that we have done extensive remodeling too. It has beautiful flowers that bloom in the front and a gorgeous butterfly garden in the back. 



We now have laminate floors that make it easy to push Jude around on and we have converted our master bathroom into a shower that will accommodate Jude. A lot of people pitched in to help us make that shower possible. We are now in a much better position financially and have worked more on the house making it very nice inside. 



We have added floors, new appliances, painted the entire house, added texture, ceiling fans, and so much more. We are proud of it. The only thing I really don't like is that the street is so congested with cars due to us and the nurses. I also miss my bath tub. 

So why would we think of selling? A few reasons I believe. First as discussed before the profit we would make would literally pay off all of our bills except a mortgage but there is more to it than that. Our amazing journey with Jude started in 2007 when I found out I was pregnant. That's 8 years that we have been in our home learning how to walk a different path. I love being at home but sometimes being tied to home can become a bit stressful. Mike and I had big dreams when we got married. We wanted two children together and we wanted to move somewhere with land. All of that has been put on hold and for good reason. So I guess we finally decided to look at our lives and make a step for us. Our plan was to find about an acre of land with a home. We knew if we stayed close to our existing house we would have to remodel an older home. To get a new home we would have to go further out.  I stressed over this because I didn't want to add any stress to Jude or our nurses for our selfish wants. It's been a battle of my mind...........and yesterday we found a house we thought we could work with. It's the right price, it needs work but we can do it, and Jude would have his own "suite" basically. He would even have an area that's perfect for storage and a place for a desk for the nurses to write their paperwork at.  It's about 15 miles from our house so it's not that far but it's still a further drive for us and the nurses.  It's up a winding road that leads back into these gorgeous woods that remind Mike of Colorado. It's peace for him I think and a blank canvas to work with. It's marked very low because it needs work. It even has a little guest cottage we could rent out but again.........but I just don't think it's going to work logistically. 

I am not sure why I am writing about this on my blog. I guess I needed to hash everything out that is rolling through my mind in words.  Such first world problems we have that I am worrying about moving from a beautiful home to a home that will eventually be beautiful too. I guess maybe it's nice to worry about something new for a change. Something new to focus on after so many years can be healthy I guess. Even if I decide to just stay put it's been nice coming up with all these grand plans. 

Jude's doing alright. He did start running a slight fever again last night but he was sleeping well this morning when I left. I will check in on him soon. 


No comments: