Friday, December 20, 2013

20 things I have learned in 2013


1. It's okay to say no

2. Charity work can be time consuming and stressful but worth every second

3. I complain a lot so I stopped! Okay, I am still working on this one, but I am getting there

4. I may be 40 but I think I am 25, but then body reminds me I am 40.

5. I get noise pollution and I have to excuse myself from the room sometimes

6. Fear and anxiety can be replaced with peace and acceptance if you just let go

7. Mourning a friends loss can happen even without a death involved

8. Forgiveness helps your soul so much more than harboring bad feelings and suspicion

9. I realized I get angry at women about to have healthy babies........let that go too.

10. I am still growing and learning.

11. I can't do it all, but I think Jude's nurse can!

12. I am messy.........and that's just the way it is folks!

13. I am responsible for my own happiness

14. There will never be a proper balance between my home life and my work. I have spent the majority of my life working and I miss my children.

15. I love to walk regardless of my husband giving me a hard time

16. Hospitals should come with mandatory bars

17. That my disabled son has taught me more than a college education could ever give me

18. I understand Jude's medical condition better than I ever have. I understand his potential progress and his limitations. When people give suggestions regarding certain improvements I know are impossible I now simply thank them for their sweet thoughts and move on.

19. My daughter is shy like her father and is not outspoken like I am. I think this could be a blessing. Sometimes my mouth runs away from me!  

20. The innocence in my sons eyes will never fade and I love that. When I say he will never know cruelty or a broken heart and that I am very happy about that.......I mean it!

No comments: