Friday, December 20, 2013
20 things I have learned in 2013
1. It's okay to say no
2. Charity work can be time consuming and stressful but worth every second
3. I complain a lot so I stopped! Okay, I am still working on this one, but I am getting there
4. I may be 40 but I think I am 25, but then body reminds me I am 40.
5. I get noise pollution and I have to excuse myself from the room sometimes
6. Fear and anxiety can be replaced with peace and acceptance if you just let go
7. Mourning a friends loss can happen even without a death involved
8. Forgiveness helps your soul so much more than harboring bad feelings and suspicion
9. I realized I get angry at women about to have healthy babies........let that go too.
10. I am still growing and learning.
11. I can't do it all, but I think Jude's nurse can!
12. I am messy.........and that's just the way it is folks!
13. I am responsible for my own happiness
14. There will never be a proper balance between my home life and my work. I have spent the majority of my life working and I miss my children.
15. I love to walk regardless of my husband giving me a hard time
16. Hospitals should come with mandatory bars
17. That my disabled son has taught me more than a college education could ever give me
18. I understand Jude's medical condition better than I ever have. I understand his potential progress and his limitations. When people give suggestions regarding certain improvements I know are impossible I now simply thank them for their sweet thoughts and move on.
19. My daughter is shy like her father and is not outspoken like I am. I think this could be a blessing. Sometimes my mouth runs away from me!
20. The innocence in my sons eyes will never fade and I love that. When I say he will never know cruelty or a broken heart and that I am very happy about that.......I mean it!