Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween and progress

Well Halloween went well and today I am depositing some money into the Emily's Smile Boxes account for the donations we received. Our little haunted cemetery is beginning to grow. This year we had close to 150 kids come by. We did have one horrible incident. We were outside getting stuff together and we would take turns checking on Jude as he finished eating. I guess he bit his finger because he got very upset. I went running in to console him but he made himself throw up.........all over his big bad wolf outfit. So Jude then became Woody from Toy Story. I felt so bad for him.





So believe it or not I had an impromptu garage sale this past weekend at my house. My friend Fleck helped me and I am proud to say that I raised enough money to re-do the loft!!! I moved all the Regal Princess and Emily's Smile box stuff into Jude's old room. I decided not to paint because the colors match her Smile Box theme. Here are some pictures.







We have contractors scheduled to give us bids to convert the bathroom for Jude. It's up in the air on how it will be done right now. We will be going through our closet for sure, but the big questions is converting to a 3/4 bath for Jude or just making ours bigger for his lift and create a roll in shower. I did contact our MDCP case worker who advised me on the funds that are available regarding remodeling (thanks Jocalyn) and the van. The problem is we have to get the van to get it converted. That will take time, but we are working on it.

I did have an unpleasant experience in regards to the wheelchair fitting. I think the physical therapist was a bit thrown off that the medical supply company came up to fit Jude during one of Jude's therapy sessions. I had actually called ahead two weeks before to confirm this would be okay. I also took my lunch hour to come up and sit with them while they were fitting Jude. The medical company explained they thought the physical therapist would be the best person to advise on what type of chair would properly fit Jude. I guess she didn't see it that way. Again, I wish there was a rule book. I work and I have no idea that standard procedures.

Next week is the premier of Emily's play so it will be a very busy week for me. It seems she has volunteered our dog Bigs as To To in the Wizard of Oz........this should be interesting!

No comments: