Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Achoooo

I am sick, and it sucks! I sent a text out last night that if it's true you lose seven seconds off your life every time you sneeze than I should expire in ohhhhhhhh twenty minutes! I have some great antibiotics though and am a new fan of the minute clinic at CVS.

The therapist came yesterday, and she was so impressed with Jude. She noticed all the differences I have been referencing, and Jude even picked himself up for her yesterday. Mike told me he held himself up with his arms, and looked around for awhile. He is also getting so much better at keeping his head up when I have him resting on my hip. All this is giving me great hope that Jude maybe able to communicate with us, sit, and eventually walk. Hope is a four letter word that I keep in the back of my mind with question marks floating all around it. Although in this situation it seems we are really seeing increased progress. Now our big fight will be to continue keeping the seizures at bay. As I stated in a prior blog Jude has a few spasms a day, but nothing like his long drawn out thirty minute horrible screaming seizures he used to have. Seizures like those limit any time of progress inside the brain. We still struggle to get Jude to eat, but he likes the pediasure, especially the banana cream. So for right now we are not focusing on solids, if Jude takes them great, if he doesn't we use the pediasure. We are not going to stress over it anymore.

Jude received his approval from both insurance parties for his additional therapy at Baylor's Our House. We have not heard from them yet, but I know they will call to schedule the appointment. Since it's right here by my office I will be able to sit in on a few therapy sessions and that makes me happy. Jude seems to enjoy when I come home early to see him. Yesterday, I went home sick, and Mike said he was "bucking" in his arms because he heard my voice. I am glad he knows who I am.

So I am sure I am sick from doing so much, but what do ya do? I need the money so I work, and work on Scentsy. It's a never ending cycle, but I enjoy being busy. I am looking forward to our small vacation in February though!

4 comments:

A Girl Named Me said...

I hope you start feeling better soon. Try to get some rest.

It has been so exciting - reading about all of the progress your sweet Jude is making. You must be thrilled. xoxo

Laura Marchant said...

Oh I hope you get over this quick!

Reading about his accomplishments always puts a smile on my face.

Candace said...

Jenn I hope you start to mend soon. As for Mr. Jude, even these small steps are wonderful, treasured miracles that most take for granted. When he does them you will remember for the rest of your life, what he struggled through to make those milestones. I can remember the color of the outfit Faith wore the first time she signed her first word. Purple, by the way!

Katy said...

Hooray for progress! Let's hope those seizures stay where they're supposed to--far, far away!