Monday, April 15, 2013

Jude's sleep study and the bombing.

This weekend was a whirlwind of appointments and attempted relaxation. I took Friday off work because Jude had a sleep study appointment at the Plano Pediatric Sleep institute. They were planning on studying his recent seizure activty and possible additional sleep apnea. I sent a picture out to family that looked like this.


However this was only partially correct. This is how Jude really looked.

 
 
He hated it! He cried, and cried, and cried. I administered two doses of his Valium and he still cried. He tossed, he turned, he whimpered............he was miserable. I don't think we will ever do it again. I trust the doctor's that they were trying to properly measure his seizure activity and measure his sleep apnea. About 1am I comforted Jude and I then strongly instructed him to go to sleep and he was a good boy and finally minded. He slept from about 2am - 5am. Once the attendant woke us up we gladly packed out bags and headed for home. We entered our neighborhood only to find that NASCAR had already shut our roads down..........very very early in the morning. So I found a back route via a dirt road to my home and slept soundly in my comfy bed for an hour (Fleck would say my bed is NOT comfy..lol). When I got up Jude was still sleeping. Mike and I kissed him goodbye and headed out to celebrate Mike's big 40th birthday.

We headed to Horseshoe Bay Texas and the Horseshoe Bay Marriott. I had points to redeem so the vacation would only cost us dinner and gas. The overall rating of the resort was about a 7, but overall it was a great mini vacay! The wildflowers were amazing in the Texas hill country. They looked like carpets vs our scantily laced roadways. Even the cemeteries were loaded with bluebonnets. I sent this picture out to a few close friends showing a wildflower perserve we found.



The flowers were so colorful and just made me happy! Not to mention there was a great horned owl at the preserve with her two baby chicks. It was an amazing site. She was close enough to see she and her babies very clearly.I felt very honored to look at her so closely.

We took all the country roads we could to our destination and then back again. It was very nice. It gave me a chance to breathe deeply and realize what matters. Sometimes we focus so much on what others think, what they do, and what they see that we forget to...... just be ourselves. It was nice to be reminded of that.

Once we got home I thanked my friends "The Gena/Gina's" and our nurses that helped make this quick excursion possible. I held Jude and listened to Emily's stories. I was happy to be back home. The people that helped make this overnight trip possible are such angels!

So I got back to work today and it was very very busy...which is a good thing. I have realized as an adult that being busy means work... which means you get a paycheck! Then the Boston Bombing hit. At first I was so busy that I wasn't my normal "reporter" self. I didn't panic, or share the information, I just continued to work. However, once I got a break and reviewed the reports I was just heart broken for those that were affected by this tragedy. I have never really understood violence against others. A victim of violence myself I have tried to find a more positive path in life and therefore I cannot understand those that seek a more darker path. I know some of my friends prefer not to even know that tragic situations happen. Even that can hold both positive and negative outcomes even though I can understand their reasonings.  However, I felt the need to mourn for those involved in this situation. My heart had to break  moment for the mom/dad that lost their 8 year old and I had to ask why. What possible polictical statement could their be found in bombing a mass positive function that promotes charities, proper health, and achievement of the human body. I don't get it.......however I guess there is a lot I don't get these days. From friends not being who they say they are to horrific worldy events. Sometimes you just have to throw your hands up and say........I surrender. I accept things are sometimes out of my control.  All you can do is be the best person YOU can be.

No comments: