Things my grandparents taught me (both sides)
1. Spending quality time with a child is way more important than anything else you can do
2. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but if you talk about someone without them being there be prepared to admit to it and give them your reasoning.
3. Death is just a part of life and it can be just as beautiful
4. Don't sweat the small stuff
5. Thunder is just Angels bowling so there is nothing to be scared of.
6. A house is just a house but a family makes it home
7. Friends may come and go, but your family will always be there so treat them nice
8. Frito lays, oreo's, and dr pepper are really bad for you but can always cheer up a really bad day
9. Sometimes God takes little ones because he could not perfect them anymore than they already were.
10. If someone is always upset about something than nothing will ever change them
11. Catching tadpoles can be lots of fun
12. Sometimes there are just no explanations
13. It's okay to be quiet
14. A walk a day keeps the doctor away
15. There is nothing better than a big ripe red apple
16. Save your pennies for a rainy day
17. Stand up for what you believe in, but always be willing to listen to the other side.
18. A child's mud pie is made with love
19. your kids are only little for awhile so let them jump on the bed for a bit
20. Take time to meet your neighbors....they will be calling 911 when you are old.
21. People either work hard or they don't and you cannot normally change that. So don't get a case of the lazy's!
22.Thank you notes should be hand written and sent out promptly
23. Words hurt for more than hitting someone ever will so be careful what you say
24. Never scold a child for breaking a dish. A dish can always be replaced.
25. Always dance with your daughter.
Just my memories today.