Thursday, September 3, 2015

Stupid first world problems

Yesterday was Jude's 7th birthday. He yet again defied that odds and has made it two years past what the original neurologist predicted. We celebrated the day in a bitter sweet manner. I was very grateful Jude was with us and I held him close to me for a long time last night. He would give me cute smiles and I would snuggle and kiss him taking in the smell of his sweet hair like I always do. However I have to admit I did have a bit of mourning time yesterday too. While at lunch I witnessed several little boys running and playing and I felt a twinge of sadness for Jude and for our family. See ladies.........even after 7 years those feelings still creep back up so know it's normal. Jude is giving the new night nurse a run for her money with his oxygen issues and other problems throughout the night.  I know she is exhausted when we get up in morning. I normally wander out a few times a night to ask how he is and even though he is having issues her responses are always nice. Generally I will get a "wellllllllllllllll he is a bit better now".  

The house situation is growing into a monster. It's been frustrating with all the new guidelines put out by the mortgage industry. So I am not sure what will happen but I keep telling myself it's a first world problem and not to worry about it to much. Lately though the first world problems are beating me down. For instance my check engine light came on today and we are suppose to leave this weekend to Houston. I just had the car checked out so I have no idea what's going on. So I am trying to put together how we are going to get there this weekend. I had Jude set up to stay overnight at the hospice house for the very first time so Mike could go with us. We were also going to bring the dogs. We may just fly or have Jude stay at home with his nurses and a friend. I will figure it out but it looks like we will be taking Mike's car and leaving the dogs behind. 

I need to figure it out today so I am holding off until about 3pm to make any final decision. 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I just wanted to leave a note and let you know that usually when a check engine light comes on, it's one of two things. Maintenance or emissions. My husband prefers to fix our cars when he can and this light comes on every now and again. You have enough to worry about without cars acting up. I hope things start looking better for you and your family.