Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Botox shots and the homeless tree

Jude had his Botox shots today. Mike said there were 12 shots total and Jude did very well until the end. Then he started crying. The neurologist doing the shots explained that it takes awhile for Jude's brain to register pain and therefore by the time they were ending he realized what was happening. The doctor told Mike that the shots will feel like Jude has been "frogged" and will be sore. So on their way home Mike mentioned Jude started crying. This makes me sad. However, I did text his nurse about an hour later and she said he was very smiley and happy!

 

It will take a few days to take affect. We will watch for any respiratory issues from the shots and we will wait to see if they help his pain/tone.

I have had another very busy day today. It started out with Emily reading the story "The Homeless Christmas Tree" to the 5th grade class at Roanoke Elementary. I recommend you read the book to your little ones. While Emily was reading the story I began to realize it was true and an image popped in my mind.


and then tears welled in my eyes. I had to bite my lip so no one saw my tears. It was the tree I passed so many times on I30 towards Fort Worth. How amazing. Then Emily continued to tell the students about the importance of giving back and showed them a new video she made for them last night about her charity.


To continue the tradition of giving back my amazing aunt touched someone's life today too. She posted this story on Facebook.

"I went to applebees alone today, across from me was a guy in a wheelchair, Because of Jude Ortiz, I do not gawk but am very curious, where was his ride, who was he with, I asked him if he drove, he replied no, someone dropped him off, he would take a cab home, I told him I would take him, he asked me to join him, I told him about Jude, he told me about himself (Robert), six years ago he was shot in the back and robbed at his Barber shop, the man wasn't caught, his life forever changed he went on to tell me he lives in a undesirable nursing home and receives only 60.00 a month and he comes eat with it, I told him I was buying his lunch and he said Oh no, I got the 2 for 20 that's to much I insisted, we finished eating, I put my credit card on the table, and the waiter said someone in the place bought our lunch, I demanded to know who, It was a man who was walking to his car, I hugged him and cried and said I didn't even know the guy, the man heard the whole thing and did this for us, As Robert, hoisted himself into the same horrible wheelchair he got 6 yrs ago, he hoisted himself in my car after putting his feet in, his cath bag hit the cement, he pulled it in by his tubing, I dropped him off at what he calls home, I hugged him and left, I pulled over and I cried tears of joy, gratitude and sadness, he said he friended me but it didn't show up, I just know he is Robert. 30 yrs old and that I will NEVER be the same."

Very touching! I am so glad that Jude has started a trickle effect that has stretched so far and wide.

In addition my friend told me today, ""if you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day so I never have to live without you" Winnie the Pooh. Made my day!



No comments: