Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Thanksgiving weekend update.

Well we had a very nice Thanksgiving with my family. We all ate turkey, and dined on every casserole known to man. It is going to take me at least a month to get all the food off my waist I have eaten this weekend. Although the morning after Turkey day Jude decided to get up about 4am, and not go back to sleep for several hours. He has also woken me up several times before that, so I was very tired. I was happy to see nurse Allen arrive the next day at 8am. He let me sleep in, and it was wonderful. Jude did the exact same thing last night, so Allen took the morning shift again today. It is so nice having someone there that can help with Jude, because the lack of sleep can be very difficult to manage.

Last night we all settled in to watch the movie "Extraordinary Measures", and it was really an amazing story. As we watched the movie Mike, and I both got choked up several times. The story revolves around a father that wants to find a treatment for an incurable disease two of his children suffer from.  We watched the movie, and picked out many things we recognized like the feeding pump, etc. Anyway, the movie was really touching, and it's worth watching.

Yesterday we got our tree up, and it looks wonderful. I snapped a picture, but it was from my phone and a bit fuzzy. Emily has dropped my camera, and it's broken. It seems I can never keep a camera for very long, argh! So I am on the hunt for another Nikon Coolpix.



So I received an email last night from a very nice lady that had found Smile Boxes months ago through my uncle in Missouri. Her daughter was riding home with someone, and they were in a major car accident. She is currently residing at the Ronald McDonald house while her daughter is in the hospital. My heart goes out to her. She said that they received an Emily's Smile Boxes, and it made them feel a bit of comfort because they knew exactly what it was. I was happy we could help them a bit at such a tragic time. They are in our thoughts, and prayers.

1 comment:

Laura Marchant said...

Happy Thanksgiving (a little late)! Your tree looks great!