Saturday, August 7, 2010

A little update

We are having a quiet day at home today, and it is lovely. I am still not out of my pajama's, and just relaxing on the couch with Mike, and Jude. Emily is spending the night with her dad tonight, and he will then bring her to the Smile Boxes making party tomorrow.

Jude seems to be doing very well today. The increased Felbatol is decreasing the seizures, and the spasms. They are not gone completely, but their intensity have decreased greatly. Anything that will decrease his seizures is wonderful. We now have to test his blood in the next few weeks to make sure the Felbatol is within the right limits. Oh, and since we have started the iron supplements we have noticed that Jude's coloring is getting a bit better.

Tomorrow is Emily's Smile Box making party in Grapevine at the Grapevine Convention Center from 1-4. Yesterday NBC channel 5 ran an incredible piece on Emily and her upcoming party. I have not been able to find the video online, but here is the article http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/Delivering-Smiles-One-Box-at-a-Time-100136099.html. I was very impressed with Emily, because she completed this interview on her own. I had to work so she was responsible for handling everything that day. Mike was there with her, but she did everything on her own. I was also very impressed with the reporter. She really spent time making sure the report was done in the best possible manner. We also found out she had to work really hard to overcome Dyslexia, and through determination made it as a reporter.

I just finished watching Marley and Me again so I am off to wash all the tears off my face. Sigh!


No comments: