Friday, May 22, 2009

It's Friday!

I am so tired! You know when you work out with weights really hard, and you feel like you have the flu the next day? Yeah that's me today!!! So I am puttering around work looking forward to five pm, although Em has a double header today so I will not be going straight home.

As I stated Emily received her first set of her smile boxes that she will be taking to Dallas Medical City. We are just waiting for the smile contents to arrive, and then we will go get the toiletries too. She is very excited about this project. We invested in the initial boxes, and we are hoping to obtain donations for the future ones. Thank you to everyone that has sent a donation so far, your monetary support means a lot. We will be ordering another set of boxes soon. Here is a picture from yesterday, as you can see they are cute gable boxes, and then we just fill them up with goodies.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jude still had some messy diapers last night. I am still at a loss whether this is the end of a viral bug, teething, or medication. It's anyones guess! I was talking to our friend Natalie yesterday, who has been so sweet trying to help raise awareness about childhood strokes. Anyway, we were talking about the differences with moms of special needs children. Jude's case is by all means a lot less serious than some children. Although, the reality is still there that when Jude gets sick it's so different then when Emily was sick as a baby. I honestly think "is this teething, is this viral, or is this a life threatening reaction to seizure medication?". So it's a bit stressful at times. It's never easy being a parent though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When I got up this morning I heard Jude breathing rapidly, and making small whimpering noises. I told Mike that "the bunnies are chasing Jude in his dreams again". Then suddenly Jude awoke with a startle, and went into a seizure...ARGH! I think he was having a nightmare, and the stimulation to his brain was just to much to handle. We soon got him calmed down, and then he was quickly trying to eat the air because he was hungry. He moves his mouth around in the air looking for a bottle when he wakes up in the morning. He knows that eventually someone will stick food in there!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I am looking forward to the holiday weekend, and spending time with my husband and Jude. Em will be at her dads house, and I am going to miss her a bunch. I asked him if I could grab her Sunday vs Monday on the holiday, and he agreed. In addition my family is in from Missouri so we will get to visit with them one night.I am looking forward to seeing them. Mike, and I also have a sitter for Saturday night, and are having an adult night out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I posted this on my other blog www.ourfamviews.blogspot.com, but I wanted to let my readers here know. Emily is now on the kidsareheroes.com website for her work on her smile boxes. If you click on the link, and go to Lily's kids you will see her. You can also send her a "shout out" just by clicking on the shout out tab. Emily had a big day yesterday because she received this honor, and another one at school. Emily's principal read her book about Jude I mentioned to the entire school body, and then presented her with a certificate of accomplishment. She was so proud, and I am very proud of her! Her teacher then emailed me today, and said that he believes Emily's altruistic actions are allowing her to deal with this situation, and also improving her self esteem. That was great to hear!

No comments: