Wednesday, March 26, 2014

awareness awareness and sweet pictures

Yesterday was Cerebral Palsy awareness day. Today is Epilepsy awareness day. May 1st is Pediatric Stroke awareness day. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the awareness of it all. Laced with ribbons, colors, media, and bumper stickers. It seems there is a color and an awareness for everyday of the year and Jude fits in a lot of them.

I get it though.........I really do. The need to create awareness and education for the rest of the masses that have no clue how hard our child's daily struggles are. To help prevent this from happening in the future and maybe finding a cure at some point. When you find a purpose for yourself and your child the disease or affliction can take a positive turn. When you find others in your situation the vast loneliness of it all eases somewhat. It's a positive way of spreading information about a negative affliction.

I will just be wearing a rainbow of ribbons.

I will leave you with a sweet picture of Mike and Jude I took last night. He sure loves his daddy!




No comments: