Monday, June 4, 2012

A feeding disaster

About 1:50am this morning I heard Jude moaning so I got up to check on him. I found his feeding tube wrapped around his arm twice. I unraveled the tube and tucked it under his sheets. What I failed to noticed is that Jude had pulled the tube out of the port. So when his feed ended at 5:15am I heard Mike yell "OH NO!". So I came running into Jude's room. I was initially scared that his G button had come out, but there was liquid everywhere!!! I picked up Jude and took him into out bed while Mike took his sheets off and scrubbed his bed. Jude never went back to sleep.........it was a Monday for sure.

Jude also has what looks like a possible spider bite on the right side of his neck. It isn't hurting him, but it does have a very hard knot in it. We are going to have it checked out tonight.

So it literally took everything I had in me to get up and come to work today.

No comments: