Friday, February 5, 2010

We are here

We are here, and Em is currently jumping on the hotel bed. Jude is in the other bed watching her, and giggling. We had a great time last night catching up with our old friends Cristina, Michael, Valerie, and Dane. We ate great food, and toured the hotel.

Although prior to that we had met Anna for lunch, and it was a wonderful visit. We talked a lot about her loss of Katy, and it just broke my heart. She also explained why children who cannot walk, etc eventually have organ failure. She put it in a way I could relate to, and understand. Mike and I both explained that we understand our time with Jude may be limited, so we are grateful for everyday. It was comforting having someone to talk to about issues we can understand. We get comments that we shouldn't ever discuss losing Jude, or him not walking, but it's also reality that this could happen someday. We don't like to think about it, but there is no shame in saying we are thankful for every day we have Jude. I then pointed out to Mike that we should be thankful for everyone in our life regardless of special needs, or not. You just never know. Anna and her daughter were so nice, and gave Emily a little necklace to wear this weekend. I think Emily really took to Anna.

Today we set up Emily's smile box table, and my scentsy table. We register Em at 2, and then she competes in "commercial" tonight. They give you the choice of commercial, or talent and Emily chose to do a "Emily's Smile Boxes" telethon. I thought that was pretty cute.

Jude is doing fabulous, and has already eaten 8 ounces of Boost today.

2 comments:

Candace said...

Glad you guys made it! Also glad that Jude is taking to the Boost. I personally CAN'T stand the smell of that stuff. I had someone tell me that they thought it smelled good and they would like to put it in their coffee! I almost puked right there on their shoes! After all the vomit I have cleaned up, it makes me want to do it myself! LOL! I am right there with you on what you talked about with Jude. It's hard to think about but it is a reality that we have to face. Hope Emily does great!

Katy said...

Glad things are good.

You know, we never know how much time we have with our children--even if they are perfectly normal, so it's good to enjoy them as much as you can no matter what.