Thursday, February 25, 2010

Prayers

Well turns out my trip to the ER wasn't something to blow off. I went to get my results from my doctor today, and it turns out I have a legitimate heart problem. I went into the doctor's office and she read over all my test results from the ER visit. She wanted to do another EKG in the office, so I was patient, and complied. I fully expected her to come back and let me know that the EKG just registered a fast heartbeat. The doctor came in and sat close to letting me know that the EKG was abnormal. She said it's registering Ischemic events with my heart. I understood exactly what that meant, I said " a loss of oxygen". "Yes" she replied. She said she wanted me to start taking an aspirin a day, and immediately get in with a cardiologist.

I asked her what she thought caused this problem, and she said she was unsure. I explained how difficult my pregnancy was with Jude, and that was the first time I ever experienced high blood pressure. I know it was still a bit elevated after the delivery because my OB had taken it in her office. She then explained my pressure probably never went back to normal, and that it has now caused damage to the heart.

I am frustrated! I feel like we cannot catch a break. I choose to believe this will be nothing serious, but prayers would still be appreciated.



PS. My aunt LOVED Jude's nurse, which makes me feel great.

9 comments:

Caroline said...

So sorry to read this. So unfair life seems to throw a lot of **** at good people. Hope saw a cardiologist today too-thankfully all ok at mo. Prayers coming your way gal!!!
Kisses for jude
xxx

kate c said...

wow - so sorry to hear this. Lots of prayers coming your way.

Purple Quilter Queen said...

You got it kid! Prayers will continue for your whole family! Take care. Jenn

Candace said...

Oh Jenn,
will be praying for you! Itsn't it weird how it seems like some of us get it all piled on them. Let's think good thoughts!

gilda said...

Absolutely Jenn, you always have us praying for you and your family. So sorry to hear the results had to come back like they did,just remember God is good and he will continue to hold your hand.

mom2nji said...

So sorry. You really just keep taking the punches. Hugs.

jocalyn said...

keeping you in my prayers...

Colleen said...

I'm so sorry. Just what you probably don't need right now. I will keep the prayers going.

Katy said...

Jenn--so sorry to hear about your heart. Hopefully it will be something that is easily remedied.

That is very interesting news about Jude and his brain and his good side/bad side. I did hear once that some people don't follow the common way, so maybe that's Jude? Making his own way.