Monday, September 28, 2009

A wonderful wedding

What a weekend! Our festivities began Friday and like I said ran straight through the wedding until Sunday morning at 2am. We helped clean up after Rachelle's wedding so that explains the late night. Sad part is I am so old that I woke up Sunday morning feeling like I had been ran over by a train. I was just overly tired, and sore from working to clean up. My aunt watched Em and Jude after the wedding, so that means Mike and I got an adult night out. We stayed the night at the hotel we stayed at when we were married, and it was so nice. At first Mike was resistant to leaving Jude, but the next morning he mentioned how nice it was to spend some quiet time together. We love the kids so much, but sometimes we just need some adult time away. It helps us collect ourselves, and press the reset button.

My sister was beautiful, and I was so honored to be a part of her day. Emily thought she was a princess, and smiled at everyone that would look. My sisters new husband bawled like a baby when she came through the large chapel doors, and that of course led me to cry. There were many tearful moments of joy, and many memories created that night. Everything again reminded me that it's the small moments in life that create such lasting conversations, and smiles. Mike and I smiled talking about the day Emily gets married, and how emotional that will be. I watched my dad fight back tears during his eloquent speech, and I again got rather misty eyed. It was a huge deal to me that I was at Rachelle's wedding this weekend since we were apart for so long. She is a wonderful, caring, and beautiful person with a heart of gold. She does no wrong to anyone, and is such a wonderful example of how a person should behave. She is always positive, and just sheds light wherever she goes. I hope she has the best life possible.

Jude participated as much as he could, but he was still very much a part of the wedding day. He was in the pictures, and Emily whistled at him to get him to smile. His seizures picked up a bit this weekend, but he did smile, and giggle most of the time. He is also eating fairly well, but I really think we need to start introducing some other foods such as yogarts, smoothies, and more. He cannot chew, but he
can take new liquids.

Here are some pictures from the amazing weekend.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Laura Marchant said...

Oh everyone looks so cute! What a great weekend.