Saturday, September 5, 2009

Thank you for his bday party

Jude's party just wrapped up a bit again, and it was wonderful. We are truly blessed by all the people that are our support system, and all who love our Jude. The day went well, although I feel like I didn't make my rounds enough. Also, I never even thought about getting emotional at Jude's party, but when everyone broke out into a rendition of Happy Birthday, I lost it. I became overwhelmed with emotion, and tears began to form in my eyes. I had to turn around, and walk away for a few minutes. I just felt so overwhelmed and thankful that my little boy had made it to his first birthday, and I knew he would make many more.

I will post more on Tuesday after the holiday. I have lots of pictures, and lots of information to share.

6 comments:

Purple Quilter Queen said...

This post just made me bust into tears too. This must be the best day you've had in the past year. Knowing he made it and will be making it to this milestone again many more years to come. I'm so happy for you all. Jenn

Laura Marchant said...

I am so glad the party went great! Happy Birthday Baby Jude!!!

Anonymous said...

Same thing happened to me last weekend - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Y1TcR4F80. I thought no one caught it until I saw the video.

I know EXACTLY how you feel.

Lots of love,
Amy Hendrix

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Oh Amy, thank you for sharing, I just shed more tears. Happy Birthday Parker!!!

Mara said...

Happy Birthday Jude ! When we had Kaydens 1st birthday a couple of months ago, and reflected on what this past year has brought, I realize that its like a carnival ! the first year was a rollar coaster ! Now we are on the Farris wheel getting to see everything and having a better view for what we have been on. And now it time for the enjoyment, the cotton candy, the carnival games with the big stuffed animals as prizes : ) Just remember to take it slow (and savor the monents) cause if you enjoy it to much too fast- you could get a tummy ache. ((hugs))

~Amy Rose said...

So happy that you have such a wonderful support system! You are such a treasure and inspiration to s many people Jenn! Jude has touched so many lives as well as your entire family!! So happy that Jude is doing well and enjoyed his party!! BIG HUGS to you all!!