Wednesday, April 12, 2017

One Year

We made it through Jude's one year mark and we now keep walking the path ahead of us. I used the description today that I have before that grief feels like you have lost a limb and you learn to live your life without that major component. On Sunday we went to visit Jude and took him a few things to decorate his headstone even more than it already is. I think Jude may have the most festive place of rest there is. We put a large pinwheel up that fascinated children as I walked through the store when I purchased it so I am sure Jude would have liked it too. We also put out a basket of rocks for people to place on top of his marker to indicate they were there and said a prayer for Jude. 



It's hard for me to put into words my exact feelings a year later so I will share with you my husband raw feelings that he posted on Facebook. I relate to them completely. 

"Even after taking the worst blows of my life I have managed to survive a year. Have you ever seen the pictures of houses after a horrible tornado or hurricane? A single stoic house still standing in midst of total destruction. Although the house is standing and appears to be unscathed, what you don't see is that the house is just an empty shell of itself. What the photo doesn't show is the devastation caused in the inside and like those other houses around it that house too will soon be demolished. I sometimes wonder if my fate is the same. 
I wish I could tell you everything is ok. It's not. I'm not. I've gotten good at lying everyday. I'm ashamed to say sometimes I just don't want to be here. It's just not the same without You.
I have succumbed to the fact that this unbearable pain will always be my cross to bear. They say time lessens the pain but for that to be possible my love for You would have to lessen as well.
So like the year-passed I will forge through. I will try to live my life not like the man I'd thought I'd should be but more like the man You taught me to be.
Over the years I had told several people that I prepared for your passing as much as I could by mourning you every single day. The idea was that I wouldn't end up with a large payment of grief after you passed. Yeah, well that was another futile attempt on my part to control the uncontrollable.
It wasn't till You were born that I finally understood what I was looking for this whole time. I always new you were special but it wasn't till you were gone that I knew how blessed I was.
Now that You are gone I am left confused and unsure. Unsure what Life has in store for me. Confused about how people even manage to overcome tragedies. I used to say it is just random chaos and things just happen. I'm not so sure now. I'm having a hard time finding a purpose in life. Nothing seems as important as taking care of You.
You will always be my Son. I will always love You immensely. I ask You to keep sending me those signs. I still need those little crumbs to lead me down the right path. Until we laugh again Jude."

I have started yet another adventure but one I have always dreamed up. My hope is to someday expand and have a store front. Please do me a favor and go like this page. Also if you know someone shopping for prom or pageant dresses I would appreciate the referral. https://www.facebook.com/Scarlett-Annes-Boutique-690569741114716/?pnref=story

No comments: