Friday, November 21, 2014

He just might sleep tonight!

Jude had a hard time tonight whenever I got home from work. He was restless, hurting, and very toned out. I gave him his 7:30 scheduled Valium and Baclofen. He was still having a hard time and was having a lot of congestion so I added some Benadryl to the medication. Soon Jude was OUT. He was just exhausted and was no longer coughing on a consistent basis so he went fast a sleep.  Keep in mind we have all had days upon days without solid sleep. I looked at my husband and said, "I think Jude may sleep tonight...........we may just leave him here on the futon". I turned around and suddenly Mike grabbed me and wrapped his arms around me. It rather scared me! He said, "Omg do you think he will sleep?". LOL! Poor guy...........I was so tired that he has gotten up a lot more than he normally does this week. He is a great dad and is just worn out.

I love my little boy. It makes me so sad that the surgery we chose to make his life easier has caused so many continuous issues. I only hope that in the end that Jude realizes we elected this surgery to try to ease his pain and we did not mean to increase it. So tonight I will tuck him in on his futon and move his baby monitor to the living room. I hope he bundles up tight and sleeps so we can all regain our strength but especially him!


PS. I have been thinking a lot about my friend I lost awhile back.  I want you to know I still think of you and in such a positive manner. I found some old pictures and was just giggling at the small baby chicks in our girls hands. I will always love you and always cherish our times. I hope you are well!!!

No comments: