Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A broken heart

When I was a teenager I thought the worst thing you could ever experience is your own broken heart, but I was wrong. It turns out it's much worse to see your daughters heart broken. I know how she is feeling and I don't have enough band aids to make her feel better. No boo boo bunny will fix this problem and no matter how much ice cream I give her it just doesn't heal the pain. I know like any mother does that a broken heart is only mended with time.  I wish I could speed up the days for her, but they will drag out slowly until she is able to make things right within herself.

I have always had issues with friendships or relationships that are built up with trust and feelings and then are suddenly gone. I take my relationships very seriously and a friendship takes a long time to develop. So when that person is suddenly gone the absence feels like a death and it can be very hard to deal with. It's hard to comprehend that the love you had for someone was not the same type of love that was given in return. When it's easy for someone to shut you off when you enjoyed having that person in our life.

So all I can do is tell Emily how amazing she is. That she is perfect just the way she is and that anyone that loves her will accept every single part of her and never walk away!


1 comment:

Reagan Leigh said...

Yes, I totally agree! I've had "friends" like that as well and it's so difficult to get past that sort of betrayal!