Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I resemble that stressed out Monday cat!

First let me state that I am REALLY irritated that mother nature didn't get the groundhogs note that Winter was suppose to end EARLY! I walked out the door this past Sunday with flip flops and a T shirt on...only to run back in and throw on a pair of boots and a sweat shirt. I was very irritated! I am so ready for warm weather that I could do a dorky Geico ad for it if it would insure the fact that the warm weather would arrive ASAP!

Second this may seem like one gripy blog.........I am tired again. I just am. I need a vacation. Then I feel guilty for saying I need a vacation because so many people don't have the means to take one but I am just TIRED. Sunday night Jude didn't sleep well at all so I drug myself to work (still sick) and propped my eyes open with toothpicks. So last night we introduced a new tone medication for Jude called Artane. Sweet little Jude was just laying there "dinked" out (as I would say) with his eyes open. He just could not fall asleep. So it was another rattled night.

Then I have dealt with a new case manager for Jude's medically dependent children's program and she is a handful. I loved his last case manager! She was so understanding and really worked with our situation, but this one seems to care two craps about the fact I work full time. Plus I have multiple agencies calling regarding various aspects of Jude's life and they all seem to need me to take a day off work. It's life. It's what I have to do, but ..........I am maxed out.

I tried to tell my family yesterday that I need to relax but they thought I was crazy. I don't know why I feel so overwhelmed lately ... I just do. It's to the point that if anyone even suggested I take something else on I just say "No" before they even start. So I have decided to try to de-stress some. I am just sending out Smile Boxes when requested not setting up any new parties right now. Then I am taking in the entries to Regal Princess, but not traveling for it right now. I don't have it in me to do much more.  Em has a lot going on too and I know that has something to do with it. It's not her fault. She is a teen and just naturally has a lot going on.

I took a walk last night and when I got back Mike made dinner. I think he knew that even though we were joking and laughing I truly am a bit maxed out. It will get better........it always does. However, I am looking at taking a few days to get out of town and just relax. However, I am not sure it would be relaxing with all Jude's equipment, etc...but we can try!

Maybe I can win the lottery and then not worry and work so hard anymore.............lol! One can hope :)

I am blessed and grateful for my life just a little frazzled.

1 comment:

Kim C. said...

Believe me, I get it! I really need to win the lottery. I work the night shift, and take care of a special needs child, who I love DEARLY. But, hey, we are only human, we get tired! Take heart, if I win the lottery, your covered!