Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Jude update

So we went to the ER yesterday and after several tests we learned Jude had pneumonia. They insisted on giving him two bags of antibiotics in the ER prior to admitting him upstairs. Mike stayed with Jude last night because I had to be at work at 8:30. I hated leaving Jude, but I was already out half the week last week due to my illness. I am getting round the clock updates from Mike.

The doctor came in this morning and said a few things. The pneumonia is in one lung and it's in the lower part which is good. It's also good Jude is not requiring oxygen. However he is still very pale and running a high fever. They want his fever broken before they send him home so he will be there a few days. The doctor said he believes the pneumonia may have happened due to a natural breakdown of Jude's lungs. This is so strange to me because I just told a friend the other day I don't think Jude's body is holding up as well as it used to. However, he also said it could be due to him catching my virus and then aspirating on some throw up.

So they are giving him IV fluids and administering the antibiotic and we are hoping he will be home in a few days. I am still planning on taking Emily to Houston unless something happens and Jude takes a turn for the worse. I will then send her with her dad.

1 comment:

rocketmommy said...

Isn't it interesting how sometimes moms just 'know' things about their kids?!?

Jude is most certainly in our prayers and we are hoping for a quick and smooth recovery for him.